Friday, October 16, 2009

Greetings from cool Katy! It is a lovely 66 deg F this morning, with a little breeze. The "cold" front arrived during the night and we will have some lovely weather for a while. Sweetie and I are planning some fun events for the next few days so I may not have much time to post. We'll see -- we will have a laptop to use if time and circumstances allow.

Yesterday I attended the Houston International Quilt Show! It was great, but oh, so tiring. My feet felt really happy to be home after it was over!! We saw some lovely quilts and pictures of some of them are already uploaded to the computer, but I don't have time to blog them so you quilters will have to wait a few days to see them. There was a lovely exhibit from Russia and I really enjoyed seeing their colorful quilts. I saw Alex Anderson and Eleanor Burns -- they are almost always there. Didn't see Fons and Porter this year, but they may have been there. Since I only had one day to attend this year's show I probably missed some things.

Take care, everyone, and send me lots of comments and e-mails. I love hearing from all of you!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'd love to see that show someday....but I doubt it will ever happen. I'm hoping to go to the new AQS show in Lancaster in March....so that should be fun, too.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I am jealous that you live sooo close to the show and I live sooo far away---have a great weekend
Hugs, Di