Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Class day -- we had a good class. At first it was just me and 3 of the ladies and we talked about coloring our hair -- at home vs salon. Interesting.

The students have asked for lessons on pronunciation, especially of vowels. So, today we did short a and long a. F pronounces short a like short o so hat comes out hot and rat sounds like rot. We worked very hard on the short a sound -- like sheep -- baaaaaaa.

We reviewed capitalization rules and talked about the titles Miss, Mrs, Mr, Ms. They were interested in that. Next week I am going to give them a little quiz on capitalization - I don't test very often but I need to see where they are so I will know where to go next.

We are having lovely weather! Cool nights and mid 70's (F) during the day. Love it!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

i love reading about the lessons you teach in your class. language things we all just take for granted must be so hard for somebody just learning the language. you do a great job and i know your students love you :o)