Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The hands that raised me.

(picture taken by Ashley Langford Photography.)


Rambling...


Rain, rain, sunshine. After two days of rain, compliments of tropical storm Hermine, we had a dry, partly sunny day. It was really nice, but as predicted, the mosquitos are out. Got a bite first thing this morning -- guess it got in when Sweetie and Gracie went out for their morning walk.

I have done a brave, hard thing this week. I cleaned out all of my FAT clothes. I gave them to a friend to go through, first, and then what she can't use will go to KCM or to a garage sale.
Somehow, I think that having those clothes waiting in the upstairs closet gave me the thought that, OK, I could fail in my new body goals -- I still had my big clothes. Well, too late now -- they are gone. Sad -- I really liked some of them!
There are a few new things in my closet-- bought in the Misses dept, not the Women's department! That was quite a shock -- I went to Dillard's and headed, out of habit, for the Women's department. Suddenly I screeched to a halt -- I didn't have to shop there anymore. I was back in regular sizes. What a shock and a pleasure! I like it!

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I know it is an uphill battle. I wondered how you were doing with all of the rain coming your way.