Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tres Vistas

Earlier in the year we passed this ranch, Tres Vistas. I thought it would be great to live in such a place -- rather remote, and perched high on a hill overlooking the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
Sweetie thinks that I might be lonely so far from town. I don't know, I have never experienced that. How do you bloggers feel -- do you live in a remote area or are you close to other people in a town, large or small? Would you be lonely in a remote area like this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be too far out..I like to be able to get a gallon of milk without having to drive for miles or what if you got sick? ..I agree, the views would be wonderful..and oh, the survey is put out by the government census bureau..

LuAnn said...

The view would be wonderful, but I am used to living in town. But, there are days - usually after I've been to Wal-Mart - that I would gladly live way up there in the middle of nowhere. The ideal situation would be to have the money to keep our place in town and have that place as a nice get away. I'll keep dreaming.

Doug said...

We would love it!
We are just a mile from the local garage/shop for milk and a newspaper but country life is wonderful.
I've just spent an hour picking sloes from our hedge after we had a mild frost last night, to make some sloe gin for Christmas.

I overreached trying to pick the plump ones at the top of the tree and fell off the ladder into some brambles and nettles. That's country living!!