Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nativities

It is that time -- Christmas decorations are coming down. This year I tried something new when putting up decorations -- I grouped items together.

I have a large nativity set -- one that I made years ago when I was doing ceramics. I usually put it on top of the TV/stereo cabinet. This year I didn't get it out -- instead, I used some smaller items.

The one pictured below is one of my favorite nativities. It was a gift from a Secret Sister 2 or 3 years ago. I love the way it is all incorporated into one item -- the heart, which, when you think about it, is the perfect setting to depict the wondrous love that God had for mankind -- that He sent His only Son to earth.


The next set is from Peru. I went to a Mennonite fair in California a while back -- was that 08?
Anyway, there was a place where items like this could be purchased. I think it is very different and I like it a lot!


This very traditional nativity was added to the collection when my husband retired. This was the set that he put on his desk at work.

And last, two items I added this year -- very small but still, the depiction is there.


I may not do this same think next year but I liked the way it looked this year.


No comments: