Having a great week. When Sweetie retired (and I tried to) I designated every Monday as my "sewing days." Two times a month I go to quilting on that day so I decided that the other two Mondays I would sew at home. Hummm, didn't work out that way. Not Sweetie's fault -- I just never did it. ************This Monday I sewed -- I'm joining the squares our quilting group made as a joint project. It is going to be a sweet quilt -- not large enough for the Cambodia children's home so it will stay here and go to the Pregnancy Help Center. Doesn't look babyish but it will do. ***********We were using a pattern I saw on Fons and Porter (TV) that also appeared in Love of Quilting magazine July/August, 2006. The pattern is called "Late Bloomers" and was designed by "Little Quilts." They used buttons to center their flowers but we didn't, because of the choking hazard for the babies. We also used the pineapple block to create our blocks because our group had just learned how to make that block. We then cut our flowers and leaves from scraps and used fusible web to stick on them onto the center of each block -- a first for some of our newer members who had never used fusible web. We used blanket stitch around the flowers and a running stitch for the stem. Again, something new for some of our members who never learned to embroider. *************Each person got to choose their own fabrics and we got a wide variety of patterns and a variety of sizes. That was not on purpose - that some came out larger than others. I trimmed them all to 8-3/4" when I squared them up. Now I'm sewing a dark green sashing to surround each flower square and it is really looking nice. I'll take a picture as soon as I get the top finished. I worked on it Tues, also, and may get to do some more tonight. **************Tomorrow I have to put it away and start on the house -- we will have company Sun night -- then Mon and Tues we will be on the beach with friends. I'll miss the quilting class that week but am looking forward to our beach time. *************What are you doing this week? Drop a line and let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment