Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello Blog Buddies,

I have something to share -- something that may make you think. It did me.

An acquaintance has been seeking intercessory prayer, first for his wife, and also for himself and his two children. Here is the situation...wife went to hospital for a rather routine surgery. After surgery, when she came out of the anesthesia, she had lost her memories of the past 18 years. Doesn't know him -- doesn't know the children. Doesn't remember being married or being a mother.

The hubby reports that she is now out of the hospital and back at home, trying to regain her memory and "trying to fall in love with him again."

Think about it. . .if this happened to you or your spouse, would you fall in love again? How much have you changed since you met your spouse? Would you still be as appealing to your spouse now as you were those many years ago? Would they still be as appealing to you?

After we are married for a long period of time I think we probably change -- perhaps by maturing, perhaps by developing different interests. How have you changed since you were first married? How has your spouse changed? Do you look the same? Does your spouse look the same?

Just wanted to give you something to think about.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Some very sobering thoughts. I hope things work out well for your friend and family.

Doug said...

Yep. She does and I would!!