Friday, October 10, 2008

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

Sweetie went off on a big adventure, without me (sigh, sniff). I could have gone but wanted him to have this time alone (with 3,000 others) so he could experience it to whatever degree appealed to him. This trip is his birthday gift from himself to himself. Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Meanwhile, back at the farm, I'm lonesome. Wouldn't you know, there is no good TV tonight and I don't want to start sewing because I'm already tired. I guess I can do a little genealogy and then read or go to bed early. I have a lot planned for the rest of my time alone but tonight was a little vacant.

Before they left (3 in all) I was asked to pray for their safety. Of course, by then I was already teary eyed and I sniffled through the prayer. I know the Lord heard, however, and am trusting Him to provide the safety that I asked for. Sweetie kissed me several times and I guarantee you he didn't have tears in his eyes. He was just tickled to be going and excited to the bone! Have a great time, my love!

Are any of you lonesome?

1 comment:

Tookie Clothespin said...

you have not told us anything about this adventure - what is he doing?