Saturday, October 18, 2008

This evening didn't turn out like I expected. I had planned to shop a little, then go home, eat left-over Mexican food, and then do nothing in particular.

I was walking around in the new Hobby Lobby, talking to Sweetie on my cell, and someone called my name. It was a former ESL student. She was with her little daughter and they were looking at sewing patterns. We started talking and someway, don't ask me how, I ended up at her house giving her a sewing lesson. She has a new machine but no scissors that are descent for cutting cloth, didn't know how to thread the machine or to load a bobbin. We had to make a quick trip to my house for scissors and stopped off and bought pizza. It was an interesting evening and she is going to show up at King's Quilters on Monday -- is canceling her other plans so she can be there. We will probably finish the little hooded cape on Monday -- it is 75% done. She asked if she can come to our quilting meetings even if she does not quilt. I said yes, but quilting is a wonderful way to learn to sew. We'll see what happens. I have a sewing project that I want to do and a quilt top pinned and ready to be quilted -- and is a cute thing. I used a scrap of material someone gave me that has dinosaurs in primary colors against a white background. I sewed "logs" around it each dino, also in primary colors. The backing is a print of fish bones in primary colors. I know fish bones aren't exactly compatible with dinosaurs but somehow it works. Now it just needs to be quilted and bound and it will be ready for some new little baby to love.

Sweetie hasn't called tonight -- perhaps he went to bed early. I don't know what time they will leave tomorrow but they must break camp and repack before they leave. Will be a long day.
Hope all goes well.

Goodnight all!

No comments: