Friday, March 6, 2009

Good morning, all,
Looking forward to a good day. Sweetie only works 1/2 day on Fridays so we have some extra time together. We usually do our errands but today I want to stay home and clean out closets.
I'm not very tall and the shelves I need to clean are too high for me. Yes, I could use a stool but there is always the danger of falling. With Sweetie helping, it will get done twice as fast and without the dangers! LOL Just thinking of the "dangers" of cleaning out my closets! Funny!

We have boxes that we haven't unpacked since we moved here 13 years ago. Amazingly, some of the items stored have become almost obsolete in those 13 years. Like cassette storage boxes. Cassettes are almost gone, now -- they are following 8-track tapes into oblivion. My car still has a cassette player, however, so we still have some that I play in the car or in the living room stereo. We aren't likely to be getting a car with a disk player anytime soon. This economy is putting an end to "upgrading!" I guess we will take the storage boxes to the local thrift store and donate them. Our "trash" may be someone's "treasure."

We have left-overs for lunch -- I made stuffed poblano peppers last night -- they were really good. There is one left for each of us, along with the rice and beans. Tonight, we just may go out for dinner. That sounds like fun, doesn't it! Where shall we go? Any suggestions?

Tomorrow I need to get my toes painted -- a nod to spring, which is rapidly approaching.
Sweetie and I will celebrate 35 years of marriage on the first official day of spring. We've had a wonderful life together! I thank God for him every day.

Hope everyone has a good day and a fun weekend. What are your plans? Drop in and share them with me!

3 comments:

Doug said...

Poblano peppers?
Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary. We just beat you at 42 years and we were childhood sweethearts!
Have a nice meal and thank you so much for your input to my blog.

Wanita said...

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary! My hubby and I celebrated our 40th this year. Don't know where the years have gone.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Stop by any time. It's always good to have visitors.

Blessings,
Wanita

Sweet Blessings said...

Hi!

Thanks for commenting on my blog...I love meeting new friends! It sounds like you have the perfect day planned....May it be filled with many Sweet Blessings!