Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good morning all!
Yesterday was a good day! Things are looking up a bit. Dad was seen by the home health care nurse and his oxygen levels are very good, both while on oxygen and after being off for 10 minutes. His spirits are good, or at least much better than they have been. I'm encouraged! His cardio man said that he may not have to stay on the oxygen forever, as we had been thinking. Even if he continues to need it some of the time we know he can safely pull it off for short periods of time. Thanks to all who have been praying and sending good thoughts and encouragement our way -- it has really helped.

Monday night my son came to pick me up and we went to eat Mexican food. It was nice to have a good visit with him. Then yesterday I ran errands and then cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner. Dad hasn't had much appetite since he came home but he loved the soup and he ate two bowls full. We were encouraged to see that. Tonight I'm making King Ranch Chicken and my son is coming for dinner as well as my brother and SIL. Then I'll go home just after lunch on Thursday. On Saturday my niece is arriving for a 1-week visit with my parents and they are really looking forward to that.

Meanwhile, back at home there is still some flooding going on. Our neighborhood did not flood but the 8 or so inches of rain we received Monday night/Tues morning did make life interesting for a while. All of our area schools were closed on Tuesday and some remain closed today. Sweetie said that he and a neighbor stood out on the driveway at 5:30 AM and watched the garbage bags float down the street. I don't know where they all ended up -- must have made garbage pickup interesting for the people with that job.

Hope all is well with you, my dear readers. Drop in and share your happenings with me. I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Glad things are looking up there. I'm also glad you didn't have any damage back at home from the rains.

Doug said...

Did you say 8 inches of rain???!!
We had one and a half inches here and had flooding!
I'm so glad thinks are looking up for your Dad and we wish him the best.
Welcome back to Blogland!