Sweetie and I went to a luncheon on Sunday and there was a vegetable casserole that was pretty good. Later, because several people requested it, the recipe was shared with all of us. I thought I would share it with you.
Vegetable Casserole
Layer in a 9 x 13" dish/pan
2 cans shoepeg corn, drained (regular corn can be used -- in fact, I think I would prefer it.)
2 cans of French-cut green beans, drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained. ( Pieces or slices)
Mix together
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup sour cream
pour mixture over layers
Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
top with 1 stick butter cut into slices ( or margarine)
1 stack of crackers crushed (Use Club Crackers or Ritz Crackers.)
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Recipe can be halved and put in a smaller dish
Let me know if you try it and like it.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So many casseroles have squash or zucchini and I"m not fond of either...so this one is a distinct possibility for me to try...and like! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment