Today is Friday and I have accomplished many things. I have watered at two houses and have washed the windows on my car and on Sweeties truck . I bought one of those devices shown on TV where one uses a microfiber head on a bendable handle to wash things like car windows. It bends and has a long handle so one can reach the insides of the windows in the car. Seems to have worked! I also sprayed off the car and dried it with an old towel. Sassy (the car) looks pretty good right now!!
I went to Kroger and bought chicken on sale. I oversaw the pickup of the garbage -- neighbors had some special requests and the pickup crew took it all after I explained the need.
Now I'm doing laundry -- that seems to be a never ending job around here.
Wednesday evening our oldest daughter and her husband (from Albuquerque) came and we added youngest daughter and her children to the group and all went to eat Chinese food. It was good to have both our girls together.
Thursday morning I had a Dr. appointment -- everything seems to be ok pending blood work results. I am truly going to live!
After seeing Dr. I met my OD and hubby for breakfast -- then he drove into Houston for his meetings and she and I went shopping. That was fun!
We started at Hancock's Fabrics -- I didn't buy anything but she did. She found a roll of fabric (noodles) and asked, "What ever does one do with something like this?" I told her that it was for quilting and that there were books that gave patterns using things like "noodles." "jelly rolls," etc. She went and found a book and fell in love with one of the patterns. She bought one of the noodle rolls and was happily planning her new quilt. Now that her hand is healing she will be able have full use of it before long.
After Hancock's we went to Katy Mills Mall and walked around, visiting random shops. She went into a shop that I've never visited (Earthbound something or another.) There she bought two pair of earrings and got a third pair free, and a set of magnetic rocks for her son. He will love them!
We stopped by a Kitchen Connection and I bought the window cleaning device. Then we wandered into Books-a-Million -- books are always a hit in our family. I found a great verb book for my ESL class, at a very reasonable price.
By then it was lunch time so we went to the food court at the mall. I had a cheese steak sandwich and she ate a club sandwich at Johnny Rockets. They were gracious and allowed me to bring in my cheese steak even thought I purchased it somewhere else. The service was lousy at Johnny Rockets -- quite a surprise to both of us because they are not normally that way. Oh, well, everyone has a bad day!
After lunch we decided that the next item of business was a nap so we came back home and napped on the couch recliners. She slept quite a bit but I just dozed a little.
SIL thought he might have to dine with clients but that fell through so he showed up and when Sweetie arrived we all went to eat Mexican food. We talked and talked and talked and just had a lovely time. How nice to get to see them -- we are actually doing quite well -- We saw them twice in 2008 and now have already seen them twice in 2009. Since her kids are now in college she had lots of free time (she home schooled her children for about 8 or 9 years so her time was very limited) and will now be able to travel with hubby when he is away on business.
Today is Sweetie's half day so I'm going to fix a nice lunch and then we may just veg around here or we may go to a movie. There is a Women's event at church, this evening, and I may go for it. I don't want to drive after dark (church is about 13 miles out in the country) but Sweetie said he would take me.
That is all that is new and exciting at our house -- life is slowly returning to normal and I am so happy about that! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment