Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I think I haven't written in a while -- life here has been hectic! I know all of you live lives of peace and contentment, with no stress and nothing to do but sew and.... what? What's that you say? Tisn't so? Ok, then, maybe you do know what I'm talking about. Busy, busy, busy!

I have gotten little done in the field of sewing -- (It seems I can clean or I can sew, but not both!)Sweetie has asked me to sew a new patch on his new leather vest -- leather patch, leather vest. I need to check to see what size needle I need to sew leather, then I'll give it a try.

Today was class --- had three students today -- all Spanish speakers. We had a good class and they increased their vocabularies. They did really well in their writing -- but, they write in English just as they do in Spanish, and of course, that isn't the way it is done. So, we did some correcting sentence structure and also pronunciation. They are good students and are working very hard.

Friday I have the privilege of having a colonscopy. Privilege? Yes, indeed. Praise God for insurance and for doctors and for the wonderful inventions that can look inside your body and see problems while they are small... and treat them before they become big and life threatening.
Yes, it is a privilege, but not something to look forward to. So, think of me tomorrow as I begin preparation, and then on Friday morning as I have the test.

Today my BF took me for lunch (Birthday). I guess this was all of it -- birthday is finally over!
Yesterday was my brother's birthday and also my granddaughter's 11th birthday. Next will be Sweetie's. He will be having his 65th birthday this year!

Take care, all of you, and drop me a note if you will. I love hearing from people.

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I must say that you have given me a different "look" at having THAT test done--I know that I need to probably go and get one---but it is extra hard for me because of other health issues--SOOOOOO---best if everything to you on Friday and in preparing for Fri--plan to do something special for yourself on the week end to celebrate being such a "good" girl and going on Friday--at least that sounds like a plan to me!!!! Hugs, Di

Pat said...

Wishing you the best on Friday. I'm sure my doctors would like your philosophy about that test. I will try to remember it when I'm due for my next colonoscopy in June!