We had a busy weekend -- our hill country friends came for a visit and we really enjoyed seeing them. It was good to sit and talk -- we didn't do anything special -- just caught up on the news about family and friends.
Monday was quilting day and then Tuesday I did my volunteer data entry at Katy Christian Ministries. I really enjoy doing that! It was a beautiful sunny day -- a little cold, but bright sunshine was a welcome sight. I took a walk after lunch and it was wonderful to be outside.
Class day -- today we studied prepositions and it was a good class. All of the students seemed to understand what was being said and they seemed to pay more attention than usual. I learned a lot about prepositions, also. It has been years since I actively studied prepositions and prepositional phrases. In preparing for the class I learned some new things. Interesting.
After our preposition study they unscrambled sentences. You know -- a row of words like
chocolate I cake like becomes "I like chocolate cake." This was difficult for some of them but they did pretty well. I gave them a second set of sentences to do for homework.
We also had cake -- I may like chocolate cake but that isn't what we had. I had made a jello poke cake for an event that was cancelled so I put on the icing and strawberries and took it to class. Everyone thought it was good. What we didn't eat I left for the librarians - I didn't want to bring any of it home -- even though it is a very "light" cake I didn't need it getting into my mouth!
After class I took my friend M to lunch to celebrate her birthday and then we visited a local hospital and a skilled nursing center to visit two friends who are having health problems. It made me really aware of how blessed I've been in the area of health!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment