While we were in the Leakey area we drove the route called "The Three Sisters" or "The Twisted Sisters." These roads are twisty-turny up and down roads with some beautiful scenery. I took some pictures along the way and will attempt to share them.
The top picture is the gates of a large ranch. The white fence continued for miles and we dubbed it the Great Wall of Texas. Inside the fenced area we saw giraffes, wallabys, and various types of African antelopes. The giraffes are in the back of the second picture -- enlarge it and you can see them -- there are two. It was raining at the time so we got some spots on some of the pictures. Later at another ranch we saw javalinas -- 3 of them. I think the raising of exotic animals is becomming more common -- in one little town we saw an auction house for exotics.

2 comments:
I saw the giraffes when I enlarged that photo. How neat to see these kinds of animals! Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Well--here I am the "exotic" creature--and that is all this town can handle!!!!!!!!!
actually we do have some different wild animals up on the hill at a couple places--but can't remember what is there--will have to look into that--thanks for sharing!!
have a fun week end--hugs, Di
Post a Comment