Thursday, May 2, 2013

As Time Goes By...

Once again I have been buried in this and that and time is marching on.  Now it is May!  What a shock to look at the calendar and find it is less than one week before we leave on vacation.  WOW -- guess who is not ready!!

Meanwhile, I have had my 6 month check up at M.D.Anderson and I still show no cancer in my lymph nodes!  Praise the Lord!

  I learned that the more I talk the better it is because it gives my tongue the exercise it needs.  Funny.   Telling me that it was good for me to talk more.  I've never had a problem with talking too little -- just too much.  I do notice, however, that sometimes my tongue feels stiff and perhaps swollen.  My daughter said that sometimes it sounds like the tongue is swollen when I speak.  Feels that way to me, also.  Truth is, it may be swollen or it may just be stiff from disuse.

I was also given some exercises to use to practice those sounds that are difficult -- rather like singing practice. 

We have been having lovely weather -- tonight, however,  it is windy and quite cool -- we are expecting temps in the 40's tonight.  Love it!!  A/C off, windows open.  My favorite way to sleep.  A few days ago we had a day of rain!  Lovely, lovely.  We think we got 3+ inches at our house -- some places got as little as 1/4 inch and some places got 8 inches.  I thought ours was a nice middle of the road amount.  Our trees/plants really needed the rain and I always feel natural rain is much better than watering from the hose.

Because of the alternating warm/cool weather we are having a rather strange spring.  So far, my amaryllis plants have bloomed (red), our hibiscus has been blooming for days, the azaleas are finished, and the back yard is a sea of wild violets.  I'd rather it be grass but once the violets got a good strong-hold we were unable to keep ahead of them.  Oh, well, we'll just keep mowing them down.

I've been so remiss in writing that I fear my few followers have given up on  me.  Hope you still drop by from time to time -- Doug?  Do you still stop by?  How are things in Ireland?

If anyone had a minute, drop me a line.  I'll try to post a few times during our trip to see our granddaughter graduate from college.  It may be cold where we are going!

No comments: