Sweetie and I are back home -- we enjoyed most of our trip but, as usual, we are happy to be back at home. Lots of things to do here -- besides unpacking and putting away and then catching up on our mail.
My hand is healing but it still gets very sore when I use it too much. What constitutes too much? This morning it was just eating breakfast with my right hand, using the curling iron on my hair, putting on makeup, and dressing. By then my hand/arm was aching. Still, the bruises are turning yellow in places -- a sure sign of healing. Still overall technicolor, however. I know this, too, shall pass but...I wish it would hurry.
Took a different route home -- avoided the long expanse of empty desert and kept to I-40 through Amarillo and then down via I-27 into Lubbock. Stayed at a LaQuinta and it was so nice! The room had a king size bed and there were safety bars in the bathroom so I felt safe in the shower. Sure didn't need another fall!
We spent last night in Austin -- stopped by to see my Mom -- she is getting out a little more but she really isn't better. Sad to see her going downhill. She will be 91 years old on the 27th.
Home today and happy to be here. We all went to eat Mexican food tonight -- it was good but was too much so I have enough for lunch tomorrow.
I'll try to post a graduation picture soon.
Take care, all, and drop a line if you can.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment