Good morning all. . . . . or good afternoon. . . . or good evening,. . . .not being sure what time it will be where you are when you read this.
The last day to prepare for the marathon of floor installations. YD is coming over later to take some of the things out of our refrigerator. We will only have to have it out for a couple of days, I think. There is consideration, however, that our old refrig will not survive this event so it could be that we have to buy a new one. more money! I'll pray for a speedy recovery for this one.
. . . For the second day downtown Houston has gotten rain and we haven't. Hardly seems fair!!
Last night was an ice cream party out at Cross Creek and it did sprinkle on me as I drove out, but nothing fell at my house and it is just looking dryer and dryer. Sometimes when I try to water outside the water pressure seems really low. We are on voluntary restricted watering so I'm doing the minimum. The bit of rain we got last Sunday went really fast but we did see a little growth in the grass this week.
. . . In spite of the work to be done Sweetie and I are going to see a movie this afternoon -- Julia and Julie. I've heard it is really very funny and I need to see/hear something funny. The economic news isn't funny. Supposedly the recession is almost over but people are still losing jobs and businesses are still closing. Makes retirement plans seem very risky. However, I KNOW not to put my trust in the things of man so we will step out on faith and I an sure we will survive!
. . . I plan to do some sewing while the kitchen floor is being done -- my sewing area is upstairs, as is my laundry and office, so I can stay busy up here while my kitchen is beautified!
. . . . take care, all
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't think the recession has stopped much..we are knee deep in foreclosures here....someone is just playing with statistics in order to putt themselves up, I believe...
Hang in there...I know we are..we are behind in our bills and struggling, have been for some time and its getting old...sigh but I know all problems have an end...wish the light at the end of the tunnel would come sooner!
Post a Comment