Saturday, August 15, 2009

Julia and Julie was great! I needed the laughter. I recommend it -- a couple of coarse words I could have done without, but just that little bit.
.....Got the yard mowed this morning - the back had grown enough to mow back there, also.
.....The floor job is well underway -- my stove and my refrigerator (at least part of it) are in the dining room. The doors of the refrigerator are outside where they were taken to be washed.
The old floor has been removed and the leveling compound is now on the floor. I think that they will soon put on the new flooring.
......The name of the new floor is Pumpkin Patch and by the time today came I had imagined it to be as bright orange as a pumpkin. It really isn't. I tend to distort things in my mind, especially colors and patterns, over a period of time. I think it will look very nice, but even nicer when I get rid of the pink & blue wall paper that is in my kitchen. I have lived here for 13 years and hated the wall paper all 13 years. I do believe that now I'm going to do something about it! If I had a room with normal shaped walls I could hang the paper myself. Alas, I don't. I'll have to pay to have it done.
.....We have an ice chest in the larger room of our en suite master bathroom. For lunch I took some leftovers to the neighbors and borrowed their microwave to heat them. (pulled a microwaveable dish out from under the bed to put the leftovers in!) I ate leftovers and Sweetie made himself a sandwich. Seems odd to be eating out of the bathroom -- I guess I could have had a snack when I went in for my shower!
....This is a wonderful time for cleaning -- with the stove pulled out I could wash the sides. Same with the fridge. Washing inside and out since it is empty. It looks like new!

....Sweetie and I am looking for a computer program that seems to have been misplaced. I have the book but not the disks. If I don't find it I'm hoping I get a new program for my birthday, which is coming up soon. I have hinted and dear Sweetie said, "Why wait -- you need that now -- go and get it." We'll see. While Sweetie and I looked we found quite a few old software manuals that we could dump (they become obsolete so fast) so the cleaning is happening upstairs, too. I am a bit of a pack rat so I save things that I'm sure we will find a use for later. Sometimes we never do! I just feel uncomfortable doing away with something that I might need later. Do you ever feel that way? Do you run out of places to put things? Surely I'm not the only one!

LATER UPDATE: The floor is finished and it is beautiful. The refrigerator is back in place and I'm restocking it from the ice chest. I have to admit, it is so nice and clean and empty that I hate to put stuff in it again. Stove and baker's rack and kitchen table are also back in place. Sweetie and I have rehung the pantry doors and the refrig and freezer doors. Unfortunately, everything is covered in a fine dust. Not much sense to dust, however, since it all starts over on Tuesday.
Wishing you all a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow!

No comments: