I collect tea infusers.
I love tea -- but, I mostly just love plain Lipton tea. Sometimes I will drink the flavored teas, but mostly I stick with the plain Lipton tea.
I also love tins and boxes.
So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I LOVED my Mother's button box. It was an old Lipton Tea tin.
I encouraged her to give it to me for years but she said she liked it, too. Finally, after many years, she gifted it to me! Hooray!!
(It even has a few buttons in it -- mostly small shirt and blouse buttons.)
I thought I'd share it with you so it is pictured below.
The box held 15 orange pekoe and pekoe tea bags.
There are three emblems on the front testifying that Sir Thomas J. Lipton, tea planter and tea merchant by appointment to
T M The King and Queen of Italy
King George V
H M King Alfonso
Inside the lid are the instructions...
IMPORTANT
The tea in these bags is Lipton's Famous Yellow Label Blend, the World's Finest Quality. Use boiling water.
One of these (Large Size) Tea Bags will make at least two cups of delicious Lipton's Tea. The strength of the brew can be varied to suit individual taste.
The same Tea is also sold in 1-lb, 1/2 lb, 1/4 lb, and 10c packages.
BUY A PACKAGE TOMORROW
Somehow, my Lipton tea bags in the pantry just aren't as romantic in their cardboard box as these would have been.
Thank you, Mom, I love it!




3 comments:
nice box...I love the old graphics and enjoy tea too as well as coffee...I am partial to both black tea (Lipton) and also Earl Grey, and English breakfast...we were in England for a short time back in the 80s and I got into the habit of taking my hot tea "white" with milk..its much better for you if you drink very much tea....
Nice box! I haven't seen a metal one. I really like tea, but I usually have coffee for breakfast.
i too am a tea fanatic, but grew up on lipton, so i ALWAYS have a box in the cupboard.ooooo i covet that button box! what will you put in it? buttons or tea?
Post a Comment